My year ahead… from the little joyful things in life to planning for our big day.
I’m taking a break from my break to publish my resolutions for 2013. I realized that this year before the clock struck midnight, I hadn’t taken a moment to stop and think about the year to come. What my goals would be or what I would resolve to do. So here they are 15 days into the year. . .
1. Finish What I Start. So often I get caught up in starting new projects that I never focus enough time into finishing the current ones. There are several personal projects that I have begun and still haven’t completed from 2011. This is the year to make that happen.
2. Enjoy Life Daily. I have been so caught up in my new job and the wedding that I really haven’t found time to enjoy the little things and little moments in life. One of my friends asked me recently, “Do you give yourself an hour a day to do something that you enjoy?” And my answer was, “No.” It’s hard sometimes when we’re so focused on making things happen for big picture, to concentrate on the little moments that make up life. I pledge to spend at least one hour a day, doing something only for myself, that I really enjoy.
3. Want Less and Be More. This for me means that I have to stop thinking about the next thing I want to get and be satisfied with what I already have. It also means that I have to stop being envious of those around me who seem to be endlessly purchasing and consuming the things I want. I have an amazing life with amazing people and things in it. I have what I need, I now just have to be amazing. I have to be more.
4. Blog More Often. Now that I’ve been in my new job for 6 months I should be able to figure out how to get back to devoting more time to my blog. I love this virtual place and I love expressing my feelings, opinions and latest ideas here. Whether people are reading or not, I need to keep up on it because it is important to me and I can’t let it go.
5. Show My Appreciation. More often then not, I find myself wishing I had shown more gratitude or struggling with how I can better express my appreciation. It may seem like an odd struggle to have, but really I need to find the solution and show those around me that I do really appreciate them.
What are your new year’s resolutions? Please, talk to me! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for reading.